Race Hate Crime Support Services
Our Bi-lingual Support Workers provide a one-stop shop model of services to victims of racist hate crime and incidents, whether they are settled ethnic minorities, migrant workers or asylum seekers and refugees. Interpreters are provided.
Our advisors offer a client centred approach and work in partnership with others dedicated to principles of equality. This is a Northern Ireland wide service.
Areas of support
- Provide a safe place to enable victims to share their experiences (listening through support) and encourage them to report the case to the local police station and to increase reporting to the police;
- Risk assessments and exploration of options in order to respond to the needs of the victims and her/his family;
- Draw up action plans that are agreed with the victims;
- Assist victims to prepare police statements and accompany victims to attend police interviews;
- Liaise regularly with PSNI in providing follow-up support;
- Liaise with NIHE housing officers and officials regarding any rehousing needs;
- Make referrals to local and/or regional organisations if necessary, in particular specialist assistance
- Assist victims to make complaints to the relevant Ombudsman
To contact the support workers or to make a referral please email firstname.lastname@example.org.