Financial Health and Well-Being Advice
Migrant Centre NI has received funding from Comic Relief to provide support for those struggling to maintain financial health and well-being.To provide direct advice, support, guidance and referral services to migrants experiencing financial hardship within Northern Ireland.
We now have two advisors to support migrants with advice and advocacy to avoid debt and maximise income. Interpreters are provided for anyone with specific language needs.
If you need help or support please contact our service at email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Areas of support are:
- Help with budgeting
- Develop skills to manage monthly finances
- Identify of current or prospective financial difficulties
- Support to negotiate with creditors and referrals to appropriate advice organisations and financial support services for larger debts
- Provision of welfare rights information, ensuring appropriate uptake of benefits and entitlements
- Provision of advocacy and assistance with applications and appeals for welfare benefits, tax credits and other entitlements and referral to tribunal services where appropriate
- Assistance and support to attend job centre interviews, appointments with the Social Security Agency, liaison with the HMRC etc. to avoid delays in payments and debt.
- Identification of employment opportunities and skills training opportunities and assistance in accessing these opportunities
- Organisation and delivery of financial health and awareness workshops throughout Northern Ireland